Monday, February 25, 2008

More Robot Muffins



I wanted to whip up some quick muffins so I made lemon poppy seed from a mix and then blueberry crumb from a cake mix.  I was pleased with how they came out, considering I wanted to make them, but am not feeling well.
The poppy seed were a standard mix that I doctored up with more lemon juice.  I had a kitchen elf make a glaze of powdered sugar and lemon juice.  That made the muffins outstanding.
I really liked the muffins and thought that the mix was really good.  It was a mix that required egg, oil and milk which I think tastes so much better than the mixes that call for water only.
The cake mix muffins were quite good as well. I had golden vanilla cake mix, but no more muffin mix, so I searched for a recipe that would allow me to transform cake mix into muffin mix.  It was really good.  Yes, they were a little sweeter and more cupcake like than traditional muffins, but they were good.
I mixed in frozen blueberries and made a crumb topping that would cut down on the sugar sweetness.
So to transform cake mix to muffin mix :
Cake mix
2 T flour
3 eggs
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup canola oil
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup mix ins (berries, chips, raisins etc)
Mix all ingredients.  Pour into muffin cups.  Bake at 375 for 15 - 20 min.
Yum!

No comments: