Sunday, July 13, 2008

Crazy, Tasty, Easy Recipe!

Here is a recipe that sounded crazy enough that I had to try it...
A cake made with Sprite Soda.  Now, at first, I thought that it was pretty strange to add soda to a cake mix (which is mostly sugar).  But, curiosity got the best of me and I made the cake.  It was easy after all and it was delicious.  Now, it was made from a mix, but something about the soda (maybe the citric acid) cut the "from a mix" taste.  The cake was tender, moist and quite good.

1 box white cake mix
8 oz Sprite or 7UP (small can, not a full 12 oz can)
4 eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 box instant vanilla pudding mix

Preheat oven to 350.
Grease two 8" pans.  I like to line them with parchment...
Mix all ingredients on low, then increase speed as ingredients gets mixed thoroughly.
Pour batter into cake pans and bake about 30 min.

Frost with buttercream frosting.  (I don't like the canned frosting, so I make a simple buttercream).
Yum.

Now, this opens the door to different flavor combinations of cake mix flavors, puddings and soda flavors... orange soda used in a white cake and white frosting could make a creamsicle inspired cake... chocolate cake mix, choc pudding and root beer...

No comments: