Saturday, August 16, 2008

My Vacation Paintings...

Here is the first oil painting I made at the Balsams.  We only used 7 colors of oil paint (red, orange, bright yellow, deep yellow, blue, white and purple) and mixed them to develop the varying shades.  I was happy with my first work and hooked.
This jelly jar painting was my second and I was HOOKED from this time on.  I loved the colors and textures that the oil created.  I liked some things about this painting and now I see some things I am not thrilled with.

I love this pie picture.  I love painting food.  
I was so pleased with the sunflower.  It is my biggest painting and I loved the use of the dark brown against the bright yellow.  I love the contrast.
This butterfly painting was the last one I did and rather small.  I think the painting itself is only 4x6".  I love the colors and the shapes...

2 comments:

DamianC said...

Watch out Monet!
What a great talent you have, I hope you have a painting room in your new addition.

Caroline said...

They all came out lovely! I like the sunflower, butterfly & pie slice - what a fun thing to paint :)