Saturday, September 13, 2008

Adding Umff to my Day!

Dunkin Donuts started this promotion last week at most of my local haunts and all I can say is THANK YOU!
99 cents for a small latte from 2-5 pm weekdays. 
The genius that came up with this campaign should be given a tropical vacation and an unlimited gift card to you-know-where.

I am not a coffee drinker, as I prefer tea in 90% of situations, although I do appreciate a good cup of coffee.  But, lattes, skim milk with lots of foam no sweetener are an entirely different animal.
Lattes are like a child's version of coffee- lots of milk, with a little coffee flavor.  The foam is a fun cap on the drink, so lattes have it all - texture, heat, taste!  Yum.

On one occasion, I ran into a tennis acquaintance who is a surgeon by day.  She saw my latte, nodded to me and tipped her cup (also a latte) and said, "Getting your boost of calcium?" and laughed.  So, now I fib and call my lattes "doctors orders"....

No comments: