Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Organized Life

So, I have taken to following 3 easy steps to organizing my life.  They are a challenge, even as simple as they are.
1. Make my bed everyday.
2. Make a list of daily "to-do" things and cross them off as I do them.  
3. Answer voice mails, e-mails ASAP, then delete them.

Such simple and basic things.  The making the bed thing is a minor one, but it is nice to crawl into a made bed at night.
The list is so very helpful.  Not only do I forget less, but I accomplish more and feel a sense of accomplishment.  I am a geek and carry around a clipboard.  But, it is big enough that I don't lose it, can add to it as needed and it is cheap, easy and helpful.
The last one is the hardest, but what a difference it makes to respond to things and then move on to other things.
Simple, but effective

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I thrive on being organized. Unfortunately it's been a real struggle lately. I have had to 'let go' of some of it and it's been hard. I try to take little steps like you mentioned. I like the idea of reading/deleting emails. I want to get better at that.