Thursday, October 09, 2008

Guess What I did Today?

This is no joke.  This cartoon explains EVERYTHING in a nutshell about mammograms.
I was nervous going in to the procedure, as everything I have heard about mammograms is how "uncomfortable" they are.
I walked in and the tech asked me if I had ever had one. 
I said "no".
She told me that they were not as bad I expected, they were a little uncomfortable, nothing to worry about.

She was a LIAR!

I don't care what anyone says, mammograms are awful, painful and torturous.  I know the party line, "that they are the responsible thing to do" that they are crucial for early detection. 
But, there HAS to be a better way to see the layers of tissue than taking the skin, muscle and tissue all the way from your shoulder down to your abdomen and putting it in a vice.  There has to be a better way than squeezing the life out of your chest, pressing your breasts flat and "taking a picture"... This is unacceptable and women need to demand a better way.
Why isn't ultrasound good enough?  Who the hell even thought of compressing your organs to x-ray them?  Do you think men would put up with placing their organs in a vice, having it flattened to 1/10th it's normal thickness and held there to take a picture?
I assure you that the idea would be dismissed out hand and very well it should be!

No comments: