Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Yummy Lunch Wrap!

One of my favorite dinners is roast chicken, stuffing, cranberry sauce and vegetables, typical Thanksgiving dinner-- OK, not so typical, as turkey is to Thanksgiving as Christ is to Christmas.  But turkey is dry, chicken is moist (I inherited my father's food snobbery).
Throughout the year, I will roast some chickens and make the rest of the fixings, as if we were having a  mini- Thanksgiving Dinner.  My girls love it.  And like me, they prefer the leftovers to the meal.
Al makes the meal into hot turkey sandwiches!
But, I came up with this lunch recipe for the next day and it was great!
Thanksgiving Dinner Wraps
1 large tortilla shell
1/2 cup lettuce
2 T mayo
3-4 T cranberry sauce
1/2 cup stuffing
1/4 cup roast chicken

Slather the wrap with mayo, layer lettuce, stuffing, turkey and cranberry sauce.  Top with roast chicken (or turkey) and roll up in wax paper.
Roll again in tin foil. Pack in your lunch.  This was delicious

No comments: