Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankgiving Prep

I am very fortunate that my oldest daughter loves pumpkin like I do... We love pie, bread, cookies, scones, muffins, you name it.  My youngest daughter is a good sport about trying things that we rave about, but she doesn't love pumpkin the way we do.
So, during the fall season I make a lot of pumpkin recipes.  I love the smell of the pumpkin and the spices that are baked along side it (cinnamon & nutmeg or sage & butter, yum!)
So, last week, I bought Allie a pumpkin pie made at a local grocery store bakery.  And it was good.  Unfortunately, for Allie, I dropped the pie when there was still half left!  I did all my grocery shopping and am not planning on returning to the grocery store the day before Thanksgiving.  So, as a peace offering, I made an "Impossible Pumpkin Pie" from Bisquick.  And it was delicious and EASY!

Simply blend all the ingredients, pour into a greased pie plate and bake at 350 for 55 min.
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup Bisquick
12 oz evaporated milk
2 egs
16 oz canned pumpkin
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp ginger
2 T butter

This was delicious... I also added some ginger and the flavor was outstanding

No comments: