Monday, December 15, 2008

Still No Power...

We still have no power.  Thank goodness for the generator.. the propane company came and filled the tank so that we could continue to power it...
No power, but luckily we have minimal hot water and wood stove for heat.
Internet just came back on Monday late afternoon....
Kids are still out of school as the schools have no power and are set up as emergency shelters for families.  There are power lines on the ground, it looks like a war zone and I have seen no repair vehicles.  While we are one of the fortunate ones, I dread this...

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Wow. We were wondering how you were doing. That stinks. You are definitely lucky to have that generator. Damian and I decided we need to have a better emergency plan and an emergency box ("grab and go") because of the babies. It's scary. I worry what I would do without heat for them. Then I think of how hard it would be to be in a shelter with them. UGH. anyway, glad you are doing OK and hanging in there. You can always come hang out up here if needed, we have plenty of hot water, food, and entertainment (my little dancers). Keep us posted.