Friday, January 16, 2009

Baby, It's VERY Cold Outside

7:20 am - Friday, Jan 16, 2009 Temperature -12 on the way to school
7:40 am - Friday, Jan 16 Temperature -17 at the Warner, Market Basket

I took the kids to school and we watched the temperature drop from -9 to -12.  We have not seen it that cold.  The kids commented on the temperature.
After I took them to school, I went to the grocery store.  I love going bright and early as I am usually one of only a handful of people doing their shopping.  The trouble is that even though the store opens at 7 am, they are still not doing putting out produce or meats by 7:40, but if I need one of those particular items, I can just ask an employee and they will gladly get it for me.
As I drove into the parking lot, I noticed that I had less than 1/4 tank of gas and decided I should fill up, rather than let my car sit in that cold.
Just in the short walk from my car to the store, even though I was bundled up, my nose froze and my thighs went numb.
I think I might get a pair of flannel lined jeans from LLBean for these cold spells.  As for my nose, I should just wrap a scarf around my head.
When Dean arrived, he told me that Concord airport set a record with -22 today.  As if that wasn't bad enough Berlin had -35!  Immediately I thought of Dame, Laurie, Claudia and Theo and wondered how cold they were....

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Negative 23 this morning!!! We're hibernating!!!

Laurie said...

And negative 20 now at 11am. Brrr!! Too cold!!

Laurie said...

oops it's actually negative 9 right now, I hadn't updated my home page in a few hours. still, too cold!!!