Monday, March 30, 2009

Allie's Favorite Steak Bites

Allie loves steak.  LOVES steak.  She has always loved beef and if you asked her her favorite food she would answer "steak".  Each night when I ask "what should we have for dinner?" She will ALWAYS answer, "steak".  It doesn't matter if we had steak for dinner last night or even for lunch.
I usually grill a steak for her and Ash to share once every few weeks, usually after tennis practice as Jon and I don't eat a lot of red meat.
But tonight I made a dinner for all of us.  I cut up some sirloin into quarter size pieces and sprinkled them with salt and pepper and returned them to the refrigerator until I was ready to cook it for dinner.
I made some mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli.
Just before the potatoes were ready, I heated up a skillet with a pat of butter.  I dropped in some steak bites in 3 batches, so I didn't overcrowd the pan.  I cooked the steak for 3-4 minutes until nicely seared on all sides and placed on a serving platter.  I cooked all the pieces this way, except for Jon, I cooked his portion well done.
Then, I added garlic to the pan, let it heat up and deglazed the pan with beef broth and red wine.  I let the sauce reduce and poured it over the meat.
Delicious.  Allie asked me to write down the recipe!

2 comments:

piera said...

Gram would of been very happy. Do you remember how she would have steak every night for dinner. ( cube steak, sirloin, london broil). Every day was a different piece of meat.

Laurie said...

This post makes me hungry :-)