Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Couldn't Resist


Sometimes, even I succumb to gadgets.  This one "topsy turvey" and look, it is green for St. Patrick's Day! is one I have to try.  I found it at Walgreens.  It is an upside down tomato planter.  It is made out of the super-strong tyvek that those super durable grocery bags are made from.  You buy the holder and then you fill it with dirt and a tomato plant and hang it outside when there are no more frosts.
Because it hangs upside down, it is easy to get water to the roots and the sun will heat the roots easily as well.  And most important..... no weeding!
I will keep you posted with my progress.  No weeding... could this actually work?

1 comment:

Cam said...

I love Walgreens and that tomato planter - I will have to check it out next time. Good luck with it!