Sunday, March 22, 2009

Pizza Pies

Trio of homemade pizzas - chili with cheese (nearest to the front)
Hawaiian - ham, pineapple, cheese and tomatoes
Pizza Margarita -basil, mozzarella, tomato slices with garlic olive oil
I made some homemade bread dough and turned it into pizza for dinner.  It was delicious and tasty.  I was longing for a traditional margarita - with tomato slices and fresh mozzarella.  But, I quickly realized that I had enough "leftovers" in the refrigerator to make other flavors.
I made the dough earlier in the day, then made flats of crusts and baked them at 550 for about 8 minutes.  I flipped the dough over, added the toppings and returned it to the oven to bake for another 8 minutes or so, until the cheese was bubbly.  Then I topped the pizzas with a quick brushing of homemade garlic oil.  Delicious...

Pizza Dough - couldn't be easier
1 1/2 T yeast
1 1/2 T Kosher salt
3 cups lukewarm water
6 1/2 +/- flour

Mix water, yeast and salt.  Mix in 5-6 cups flour and stir.  Mixture will be moist.  Add more flour if needed.
Let sit lightly covered for 2 hours until it has risen.
Return to fridge and chill for rest of day.  When ready to make pizza, take out, roll into crusts and let sit on pizza peel for 30 minutes.
Place in 550 oven for 8 minutes.  Flip over, top with toppings.  Return to oven and bake another 8 min until toppings are cooked and cheese is bubbly.

1 comment:

Cam said...

I bet they were delicious - They look terrific!