Friday, April 03, 2009

What I am Reading - Another Cooking Mystery

I have read the Diane Mott Davidson series of the catering murder mysteries.  They were a fun read.  Now, I have discovered Joanna Flukes series starting with....

THE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES MURDER

This book is such a fun read and comes complete with recipes!  
In a nutshell, bakery owner Hannah Swenson stumbles upon a corpse (her milkman) and helps to solve the case.  Interspersed with her recipes for chocolate chip cookies, sugar cookies, lemon bars, pecan chews and chocolate covered cherry delights!
The book is an easy, fun read.  Predictable and enjoyable.
The recipes are a little unusual as they require the butter to be melted before combined. (Personally, I don't care for this method, I prefer to cream butter with sugar, as it aerates the mixture and produces a tender texture.)  But, her cookies are described as delicious and do sound good. 

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I just finished Diana Mott Davidson's book Dark Tort. I didn't realize it was a series, I'd love to read more! I really enjoyed this one!