Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Blast from the Past...

Here is the photo from the first San Gennaro feast at our old parish in Island Park, circa 1971.  I don't recognize anyone except the priest (could it be Father Langley?) 
UPDATE - Dad has informed me that the above photo contains:
Mr. Kickert, Mrs. Kickert, Father Langley, Senator Alfonse D'Amato, Republican Chair for Nassau County Frances Purcell.
Here is the 1994 Grand Marshall, Fr. Parsons, the priest who married me & Jon and our good friend.  He was such a kind, funny man.
Now, the San Gennaro Feast is bigger than ever in Island Park and they still have the sausage and peppers stand and the zeppoli!

1 comment:

piera said...

According to the web-site the picture of the Father is:
Fr. Langley in 1971. I don't remember him, but I do remember Father DeVita. What an evil man.. He would always yell at me at church for talking! I always had to go see him before church.