Friday, May 22, 2009

Meet the Landscape Queen

Here is old deck moved to off our bedroom.  Notice the newly painted house and the new gutters.  I planted rhododendrons (like Gram had) around the deck, so hopefully in a few years they will be blooming in June.
Here are the new stairs on the back deck (notice the little footpath I made from slabs of stone).
Here is a view of the bedroom deck and footpath from the back deck.  My herb garden os located on the left side of the deck (dill, basil, chives and parsley) and there is a hosta on the other side of the bedroom deck stairs.  I love hostas and have planted a few in the woods as well.
I planted a row of 9 dwarf arborvitae that should grow to 4-5 feet tall, just under the gutters.
Here is the entrance to the back deck from the side of the house.  I planted a couple of arborvitae (that should grow 8 + feet tall and 2+ feet wide at the base).

I am not sure what I am going to do with the ground.  I don't want the upkeep of a lawn.  Jon and I were talking about maybe crushed stone.  I am still looking for other ideas.  I am trying to keep things low maintenance.  As I have it now, I have to do minimally trimming and weeding.  But, I will have to re-mulch each spring and occasionally add more crushed stone around the bedroom deck.

1 comment:

piera said...

Looks really nice.