Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Time - Where does it all Go?


Time.
I need more of it.
I have so much I want to do - short term, long term, everyday and yet there is never enough time to do it all.
I have come to the realization that I need to delegate my time.  Really consider and determine what I want to do, plan for it and then make it happen.

I am taking the next week to truly plan my goals.  Some are fun or enjoyable (like I want to keep enough time to read the morning news, read books and learn new things, tennis) then there are the things I have to do (grocery shop, maintenance on the house, laundry, cook & clean) then there are things that I need to do (spend time with my family, go to work, write a novel).  I am trying to really determine what it is that I need, delegate time and days for each thing and make it happen.  
I admit, I get sidetracked on some things that I enjoy, I spend a lot of time doing more than I need to, but I also am a very driven person.  I feel achievements from creating a list and crossing things off.
So, now I need to focus on creating a realistic, plausible list.  Not a "do everything that pops into my head" list, but a legitimate list with my responsibilities and my goals.

Phew.  This has not been easy, just coming to this point.  I remember a time in my life where I thought I had the whole world ahead of me and time was not a major consideration.  Yes, I had deadlines and accomplished them, but this is a little different.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Interesting post. I think about 'time' a lot. I know I need to get better organized but at the end of the day I just want to rest so I get nothing productive done. But anyway, I think the internet is such a blessing and a curse. It enables us to do so many things and stay in touch with so many people, but at the same time it zaps our 'free time' when we could be doing so many other things. I guess it's good to be disciplined and to use our time wisely. I have had days when the internet has gone out and I've been secretly pleased and amazed at what I get done without it. Anyway, it's an interesting thing to think about.