Monday, June 15, 2009

When It Rains, it pours...

SO much rain this month!

When Ash took a spill off her bike earlier this month, she must have hurt her foot as well. But, with all the abrasions, she missed the pain in her foot. It has been swollen and painful ever since. Finally, we got into the doctor's this morning. The doctor did a through exam and ordered an x-ray. Dr. K thinks that no bones are broken, but that the tendons in her middle tough were affected. The x-ray will rule out broken bones, so we are waiting on the results.
We then went to the "new and improved" New London hospital to have the x-ray. Now, through the years, New London hospital has never been easy to deal with. They are like a little poodle who thinks he is a wolf. Tiny hospital who thinks they are the Almighty.
Today's experience was not any different, although it only took an hour from check in - to departure. So, I really can't complain too loudly.
However, despite their multi-million dollar renovation (gift shop, staircase, enclosed billing department) I really can't see any differences. We had to "check in" at least 3 times before Ash finally got her x-ray. Which was done in the old x-ray department.
When we checked in at x-ray it was 11:45. I politely asked if we would be seen in the foreseeable future, because I had a 2:30 appointment in Concord. If we wouldn't be seen, I would have to make another appt for the x-ray. The receptionist looked at me as if I had asked her to do a back flip for me.
"That is over 2 hours away. You will be done by then."
I quickly responded (and regretted doing so immediately) that "I have been here when I waited much longer than 2 hours." Do these people think that they are efficient? What do they think patients are doing in the waiting room? We are WAITING.

I wasn't trying to rush her (as I know that there is nothing I can do to rush her). But, I was trying to explain that I would have to reschedule if they were backed up with appointments.

Anyway, we were in and out in just under an hour, so I am grateful for that.
Now, we wait until the results are in.
In the meantime, Ash is to rub arnica on her foot 3 times a day.

1 comment:

Cam said...

What a nasty fall that was - Heal soon! Also, I hate it when I ask regular/reasonable questions and get similar silly responses. I just wish that I would receive the same great and polite service that folks received from me in all my jobs over the years!