Monday, July 06, 2009

Lycopene Cocktail

For the last week, I have been having nightly cravings for this "mock Bloody Mary" cocktail. Instead of vodka, it has it's own non-alcoholic kick - wasabi, fresh lemon juice, horseradish and tabasco! Delicious... just delicious.
I add ice to a large glass (optional) and then fill it 3/4 of the way with tomato juice. I used V-8 vegetable juice, low sodium, but it is predominantly tomato juice.
Then I had a heaping teaspoon or two of horseradish, a couple of dashes of tabasco, a few drops of Worcestershire sauce. In a separate bowl, I mix a teaspoon of wasabi powder with a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice. I stir this blend into the tomato juice. I stir well, so that I see flecks of horseradish throughout the drink and top off with more juice and a squeeze of lemon.
Sometimes, I add a few celery sticks, if I feel like munching.
Delicious. After I drink it, I feel a burst of energy. Delicious.

No comments: