Thursday, October 01, 2009

Aging anything but Gracefully...

For the past 15 months I have been experiencing hot flashes, on and off. For the past month, it has been on.
I am normally someone who perspires easily, but this is taking it to a whole new level. Last year, I told my doctor who had me get some blood tested-- she thought I was a little young for menopause. The results came back "normal" so as far as she was concerned, I was fine.
Well, while hot flashes are not as serious as other things, they are pretty uncomfortable.
Today, while walking from the library at 9 am, Timmie, the librarian was walking outside in her long sleeved dress and barn jacket. We passed and she looked at me and said, "how can you wear that? It is so cold."
She was referred to my lightweight tee shirt. I was perspiring.
Each time the wind would blow, I would get some relief, but walking to my car made me even hotter! Yikes.

I guess I will try and look at these flashes of heat as power surges... Why not?
The worst part about the whole thing is that pre-menopause can last over 10 years. And my worst fear is to be the oldest living pregnant woman... God has a sense of humor, that is what worries me.

No comments: