Monday, October 05, 2009

Another Sunday at MIT

We went down to MIT for another Sunday class for the girls. While the weather in NH was dreary and rainy it was sunny and very warm by 1:00 in Cambridge. So, while the girls went off to learn their SAT stuff, Jon and I went walking around Cambridge for 3.5 hours! It was so much fun. We were on a hunt for some art supplies for me so we walked and walked and walked...
A view from the Charles River...

After our third art supply store that didn't carry what I was looking for, Jon spotted this Tea Shop. Painted on the window was BUBBLE TEA. I was so excited. I read about bubble tea and wanted to try it, but thought it was only on the west coast....

I ordered a indian chai bubble tea... I was thrilled to see the barrister brew the tea, scoop up the "bubbles" which are large tapioca pearls, add ice and combine the tea....
Bubble Tea originated in Taiwan and Hong Kong and are a very popular drink for children and businessmen alike. The pearls on the bottom of the cup are tapioca (the black ones are made from sweet potato, while clear ones are made from caramel). It is refreshing and comes in many flavors, green tea, black tea, earl gray. I chose Chai, as it is a favorite occasional treat, spicy and filling.

Here I am taking the first sip, notice the bubbles at the top of the straw. Interesting.
The tapioca pearls taste like unsweetened jellybeans!

Jon didn't think it was so interesting....

No comments: