Sunday, October 18, 2009

Another Sunday at MIT...

OK. I am posting this picture for 2 reasons.
First, we had the first snowfall of the season today.
Second - can you believe this FANTASTIC parking spot I got at MIT?

Yes, having lived in New England since I was 13 and having come to NH before that, snow is not a "new thing". While it is still beautiful and the first snowfall is always somewhat exhilarating, as an adult it doesn't have the same excitement that it did at age 10, 12 or even 15.
But, now being a parent who worries about my 16 year old driving in her first snowy season and our Sunday commute to and from MIT, I view snow a little differently.

Onto the good.... We have been going down to Cambridge for the girls' Sunday class for 4 weeks now. Each time, we spend a small fortune in parking fees. And we walk a good distance to the parking garage. I don't mind the walk at all - although it was a LOT colder today than it has been... But, the frugal side in me was ABSOLUTELY thrilled to be able to park on the street and not have to pay $30+ in parking fees! YAY. YAY. YAY.
I even took a picture of the parking spot.
Ashley rolled her eyes when I whipped out the camera. I told her that she would understand one day how exciting it is to get such a stellar parking spot!

No comments: