Sunday, October 18, 2009

Recipe: Seasonal Rice Krispie Treats

This is the standard Rice Krispie Treat Recipe (marshmallows, butter & sugar) but with a seasonal flair.... chopped up candy corn, with candy corn pieces on top. I originally made them for the Saturday tennis team practice, but didn't have my act together in time to package them, so they stayed at home. (Happily, I think).
I thought they looked cute, seasonal, and colorful. But, next time, I will stick to just adding orange & black sprinkles and maybe topping it with candy corn as garnish. They chopped candy corn made them too sweet....at least for my taste.

So, next Saturday, I will make treats for the tennis practice. Hmm. Rice Krispies are so last Saturday, so I will have to give it some thought as to what to make.

No comments: