Friday, October 16, 2009

Week At a Glance...


On Wed, the Tree Guy came and started cutting down our trees.
After Day 1, we had some satellite service, so we were very pleased!

We also found out that we have a porcupine living under our NEW deck. This creature settled in less than 6 months ago. I will now research what to do to get rid of our little friend.

Today, I had an appointment to get snow tires put on my car. I arrived at the place a little early and handed over my keys. I asked how long it would take and they told me 30 - 45 minutes. So, 30 minutes later, when the tire place called my cell phone, I thought they were calling to tell me that my car was done. WRONG. They called to tell me that they didn't have the tires in stock and were sorry. I explained that I made the trip to White River junction VT just to have the tires put on and that I made the appointment on Monday. The caller apologized.
I rolled my eyes. This is the state of customer service today. I call a tire place to purchase tires, give them the size and make, make an appointment, show up and they didn't order the tires.

We have giant nests high up in the trees in the backyard. I was a little nervous as the nests are HUGE, but very high up - higher than 80 feet.
I asked the Tree Guy what it could be. Just like Jon, he joked with me that it was pterodactyl or a flying dinosaur. I was worried that it was a tree living bear.
The tree guy responded without a second thought, "that's a squirrel's nest".
Well, the squirrels around here are HUGE....


No comments: