Tuesday, December 01, 2009

December 1, 2009

It is December 1st and yet, doing the math, we have few days left until Christmas.
When I look at our big calendar in the kitchen and I see all the things that are already planned for December I am shocked. We are trying to schedule things in addition and we have come to the conclusion that there really isn't a lot of time before Christmas.
Only 3 weekends!

The girls have school up to the Wednesday the 23rd.
-They have math team practice this week, then a math meet next Thursday. They hate it when I call them "mathletes".... but I heard that name at some math competition and it stuck. How funny is that, mathlete - like a math-athlete.....(No wonder super smart nerds get beat up.)
- We are having a piece of furniture delivered next week. That means that the "3 hour" window that they give me to receive the furniture will turn into an all day affair, as they are always a couple of hours off their estimate, if I am lucky.
-The girls have the SAT test of Saturday.
-The girls have their last MIT class on Sunday.
-Jon has a tennis match on Sat.

And this is only the next 2 weeks!

The temperature took a major dive today. Whereas, it has been in the high 40's and low 50's by 10 am, today it was 38 at 10 am. Quite the change. When I went outside to start the car for the girls this morning, the cold wrapped around me as if I fell into cold water.

Aggressive Christmas shoppers are everywhere! This is perhaps the most ironic thing, as the true meaning of Christmas isn't about cutting someone else off to buy a cheap mass produced product, but that is the world we live in. I am just trying to do my household shopping and I am playing dodge-the-nutball at Target. It shouldn't be this stressful to purchase dishsoap and towels! Instead, I take a deep breath and think about how delicious the peppermint latte will be (my reward for not getting upset, yes, I spoil myself).

No comments: