Wednesday, December 02, 2009

My Advent Journal

Here is a little journal I put together for Advent, to record our daily events, things I am grateful for, things that entertain me and just things I would like to remember.
I took some plain cardboard, cut into shapes for the door, for the base of the house and turned it into something reminiscent of a gingerbread house.
Here is the book closed...
See how it opens, with the pages alternating like fingers in that old rhyme, "Here is the church, here is the steeple..."
The first page is just a cute little reindeer dressed as Santa... (reindeer is our theme for this Christmas).
Then, the pages numbered for each day in December up through Christmas...
I drew on some of the pages, like the first one with a Christmas angel. The other pages all have a background of lightly stamped handwriting, to give it a cozy feel. I will add tidbits from each day...

No comments: