Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Blessings: My Tennis Partner

Today, I had a tennis match against a strong team. My partner, Natasha, is wonderful.
We have been playing together since September, when she invited me on the team.
She is a Dartmouth professor in molecular biology and she is my age!

Natasha and I play together and against each other every Thursday, but we have only played 2 matches together. Both matches were great matches.
A great match in tennis is a match that:
1. no one gets hurt
2. we don't get lost going to the match
3. we have opponents who are (relatively) honest

Today was another great match!

I have been through a number of tennis partners. Some were oblivious to the fact that we are supposed to be a team and work together. Some like to point fingers when mistakes are made. Some don't like to accept the fact that our tennis is a hobby, not a life or death situation. So, therefore, it is hard to find a good partner.

Just like in any good relationship, a good partner is one who is supportive, honest and fun. Natasha doesn't criticize me, doesn't pout or stew about mistakes. She has a good sense of humor about herself and life.
I am very lucky to have such a good partner.

After the match (oh, we won by the way) I told Natasha, that I was so happy that I could kiss her -- but I wouldn't because that is how rumors start!
She laughed with me.

(Oh, and good partners laugh at your jokes).

No comments: