Saturday, January 16, 2010

What a Day...

Today has been one of those days where I feel that I from another planet. I mean, what else can be the explanation for the events of late?

- Another coupon saga.... I purchased 2 boxes of granola bars at CVS. I had a coupon for $1 off two boxes. The clerk refused to ring the coupon as she said that it stated, "DO NOT DOUBLE" and clearly, I was buying 2 boxes that meant I was doubling it. I took a deep breath and explained to her that some stores would "double" coupons, meaning that they would match the coupon discount, so it would like having 2 coupons on that same item. She looked at me skeptically. I was about to ask her to call the manager, when she reluctantly rang the coupon through.

- Public schools have a 3 day weekend due to the Martin Luther King holiday on Monday. When they return, they have a week of final exams and midterms. So, the kids are a little nerved up studying for very big tests.

-Massachusetts has a special election for the seat occupied by Ted Kennedy for the last half of the decade. A Democrat, Martha Coakley was a "shoe in" for the seat. Or at least that is what everyone thought... As it turns out Rep. Scott Brown has done well in the polls and is an actual contender for the special election happening next week. The political world is in a tailspin - including the president. So, it should be interesting. ABC news concedes that regardless of the winner of the race, an important message has been sent to Washington concerning the health care debacle. Let's hope Washington listens...

- I was on a cleaning frenzy and while I was cleaning parts of the basement, I stumbled upon some things that I "misplaced" this fall. I was very pleased to find these. I was NOT however, pleased to find a nest of some sort (I am hoping it was a mouse nest) complete with dead baby snakes. If I wasn't in such a foul mood, it would have bothered me. But, in my tense state, it was just another thing to clean.

I still have a list of tasks to complete today....

No comments: