Thursday, March 25, 2010

Cookin' The Books - Year 2

Tracy Library is having its second "Cookin' the Books" Challenge on Saturday, April 3rd!. Last year, I participated and actually won an award! It was fun.
The contest is about making an edible representation of a book - it can be a pun, or an idea... Last year there were some clever ones! Like biscuits baked in the form the letter C to make Seabiscuit - the book about the horse. Or one with a pinch of dried herbs on a plate for "Gone with the Wind". I did a cake after the children's book "Where the Wild Things Are".

Since I love to decorate cakes, it gave me a chance to work with fondant, something I had wanted to do for a while.
I am still trying to decide on a book to "bring to edible life" but I have a few ideas and they involve fondant again!

I was at the library today and asked the librarian some quizzical questions about the contest as well as some books. She was THRILLED to help me and THRILLED that someone was going to participate! I thought the turnout last year was wonderful. I hope it is just as good this year!

No comments: