Thursday, May 06, 2010

High School Tennis - matches 6.5 & 7

We have had a killer week of tennis! On Monday we played against ConVal.
On Tuesday, we played against Lebanon - or at least started to play. We met up with periods of rain, which we waited out -- and then a thunderstorm!
So, that match will be continued at some time...
Yesterday, however, we played at Hanover and won the match! It was a great feeling, but it was ugly with a capital U. I didn't get to sleep until 3 am - because I was so wound up from the antics that went on... As much as I tried to put it out of my head - I found myself restless, with my mind jumping from one thought to another.
Our team was fantastic. Once we obtained 5 wins in that match, we defaulted the remaining match and left. By that time, we had been at the courts since 3:25, with no bathroom (except for a grubby porto-potty) and three hours of sun, bugs and nonsense.
The girls all played well and were exhausted from all the matches we have had.
On a positive note, Allie & Ashley met some people whom they might continue to play tennis with after the season is over!
Cassidy had her best match to date & Helena defeated a girl who had previously beaten her 8-2.
Here are some of our spectators from Tuesday's match.

No comments: