Thursday, June 10, 2010

Night at the Movies...Sort of.

Allie has a late night at the school where her history class is watching Saving Private Ryan -a movie about the invasion of Normandy during WWII. The teacher generously offered to bring pizza for the class and I had my heart set on making "popcorn cupcakes" from this book:
Hello Cupcake is a WONDERFUL book - fantastic for making all sorts of fun cupcakes for different occasions... The cupcakes take some work - but they are all really extraordinary.

So, back to my "popcorn cupcakes" that have no popcorn in them!
The popcorn is marshmallows cut up and "scrunched" to make a popcorn looking topping.
The book gives carefully detailed instructions - slicing the mini marshmallow in three and then adding a drop of glue frosting to hold a top marshmallow together to make a popped kernel of corn.
I was lucky in that the marshmallows I used were soft and when I snipped them with scissors, they were sticky.
So, I ran with the idea and just smooshed a few cut up marshmallows together. I put 6 -7 'popped kernels" onto each frosted cupcake and piled them into the POPCORN BOWL.

2 comments:

M said...

Very cool. Nice job Daniela!!

M said...

I can't wait to see what my wedding cake is going to look like. You are so creative!!