Sunday, June 06, 2010

Who Watches the Watcher?

Today, we had torrential rains and wind - I am talking 2 inches of rain & "tornado watches" type of weather. The trees around our house were swaying drastically.
After the uproar seemed to quiet - we had a visitor!
Ashley commented that there was a large deer near our back deck. We all went to the window and watched the large deer chew on some saplings and meander around the back for over 20 minutes. I perched myself at the window with my camera and just watched!
Deer are so beautiful and this one was nice and close. Also, it wasn't jittery and didn't seem to be bothered by my movement inside the house.
Eventually, it moved out of view and I was so proud of myself for capturing some shots - seemingly unnoticed!
Until Allie pointed out that there was another deer outside watching me!!!
And here he is... He just stood there the entire time I was photographing his mate. Then, he hung around in the woods for another 20 minutes!
I called to him and eventually and SLOWLY moved outside to get a better shot with my camera...
He resigned himself to being photographed and continued to just graze on the greenery that has popped up over the last couple of weeks.
I wonder if there were anymore deer watching me take pictures of him!

No comments: