Friday, September 17, 2010

Glow in the Dark Dragonflies!


Well, they are not found in nature, but they are found in my garden... They are solar powered LED garden-sticks.  I found them at Aubuchon a month ago and had to try them out!
You just stick them in the ground, making sure that the solar powered sensor has a clear view of the sunshine and wait until dark!
Can you imagine my excitement the first night, waiting and waiting to see if they would work?
I know it sounds silly, but I still wait with anticipation to see my glowing dragonflies at night.   I peek out the window, waiting to catch a glimpse of them!
I only bought 3, but the magic is that they slowly change color! 


From a glowing yellow...
To a bright leafy green...
Through red to orange, like a flame
And then to my absolute favorite blue!

When I bought them, I had a real dilemma... do I choose dragonflies, butterflies, hummingbirds or sunflowers?
I decided on glowing dragonflies, because nature-made dragonflies kind of glow already!


No comments: