Sunday, October 31, 2010

Candy Corn Cookies

Trick or Treat!
Here is a fun recipe I quickly put together this morning.  I originally saw the recipe on Betty Crocker or actually this picture

But, I prefer the look of the "traditional" candy corn, the yellow, orange and yellow version.  I decided to make that version instead.
First, I made my sugar cookie dough and divided the dough into thirds.  I colored one part yellow, another part orange and left one part plain.  I pressed them into wax paper lined pan, starting with the white dough. After layering the three doughs together, I chilled them for 40 minutes.  This helps firm them up, but you can stick the dough in the freezer for 15 minutes, too.

After I chilled the dough, I sliced it lengthwise about 1" in width.
Then, I sliced the long strips into triangles, as shown above.
I baked them until cooked, just golden brown on the edges and let cool.
All done!

You could add more food coloring if you want vibrant cookies.  But, I don't particularly like eating neon colored foods.


1 comment:

SOFIA said...

Looks great! You are a fabulous baker.