Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Ashley arranged the Centerpiece
Thanksgiving at the Resto was wonderful!  Dad worked so hard and made everything so tasty, pleasant and beautiful!  Here is our menu... Hard to believe there were only 10 of us. It was the tiniest Thanksgiving in a long, long time, but it was also lovely.  We all got a chance to laugh together, admire the little children and hear about each other's lives.  Dad made everything - (except for a few items, like Dame's delicious Pumpkin Soup and a few others other goodies).

Thanksgiving Menu


Dame’s Soup
Toma
Fruit Salad with Star Anise, Pepper and Parmigiano - me
Salmon
Turkey
Stuffing - me
Cauliflower
Broccoli
Brussels Sprouts
Piero's Potatoes
Sweet Potatoes
Onions
Green Salad
Cranberry Ambrosia  - Ash
Cranberry Sauce

Maple Pecan Pie - Dame
Pumpkin Pie - Allie
Apple Cranberry Crisp
Indian Pudding


I think the surprise of the meal was the Indian Pudding!  Dad made a delicious one, substituting buttermilk for heavy cream.  It reminded me of fresh homemade gingerbread.  It was delicious, nicely spiced and heavenly.  My only regret is not taking a picture of it!!!

Ash made the centerpiece for our table!  Well, it was kind of an interesting "group effort" but Ashley put it all together artfully.  I built the drawer that is the base of the centerpiece.  Allie gave me the turtle shell on the left (from the Art of Nature) and I found the Indian's in Littleton while visiting Dame, Theo & Claudia.  I visited Longacres Nursery in Lebanon and found the giant pods, pine cones and other dried nature things.  I put them all out on my desk and when I came back, Ashley created this beautiful piece!  It looks even better in person, with the natural materials and rich fall hues of brown, oranges and greens.  It was even more beautiful than I planned!

I will post some of our favorite recipes from Thanksgiving shortly.  Come December 1, I will have lots of Christmas ideas, projects and fun! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

SOFIA said...

fantastic can't wait for the recipes!