Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Metal Ornament Tutorial

Last Tutorial of the Season....
 Here is a fun, quick and easy ornament that I made from a sheet of metal.  The ornament is about 4 inches round and is very striking on a tree.  I cut out the ornament in different shapes.
 The shapes were from my die cutter collection (birds, flowers, ornaments).  They cut well and were a bit sharp around the edges.
 Then, I embossed them, by rubbing some on embossing plates, and others I drew on with a stylus.
 I attached the flowers to some of the ornaments and then went and hung them on the tree.
 Here is one I just drew a grid across.
 Here is one that I embossed a ribbon around the center.
 This one was embossed and then I attached a pretty bird to the front and back.
 Here is one with flowers.
 Here are just the flowers on the tree.
And lastly, the solid gold ornament complete with gold flowers.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Nicolette @ Momnivore's Dilemma said...

I've never seen these before...what a great use of metal...

Thanks for linking up to Creative Juice Thursdays!

nicolette