Friday, December 10, 2010

Project: Snowman Metal Ornament


 Here is another ornament I made for the tree this year.
 I started out by embossing my image with a snowman shape onto red metal paper.

I sanded the embossed image to make it look worn and to highlight the image.  Then, I cut around it with deckle edge scissors.


 I took a small block of wood and colored it with ink.  Then, I wrapped it with burlap.  I added some super tacky clear glue and waited for the burlap to dry.
Then, I attached the snowman image with the same glue.

And here is my cute little snowman!

3 comments:

Randi said...

That is really cute! I love the rustic look.

Andy Porter said...

I agree, very cute and unique! Great project! Thanks for linking!

Andy
www.poppiesatplay.blogspot.com

Nicolette @ Momnivore's Dilemma said...

Distressed ink? Why don't I own that???

Thanks for linking this up!

hope to see you back this week @ creative juice thursdays!

nicolette @
http://momnivoresdilemma.blogspot.com