Sunday, January 16, 2011

Football Food

Tonight is the "Big Game".... I feel strange saying this as I am not a football fan.  In fact, I am the furthest thing from a football fan that you can get.  I play football, but am not a spectator.  I don't follow professional football or college ball, unless it makes the mainstream news for either a crime or a record breaking salary for a player.
My sisters are football fans.  M's husband, Brian is a huge Patriot's fan. And being in NH, if I had to choose a team to learn anything about, I assure you it would be the Pats.  Allie's boyfriend is a fan and they were going to watch the game tonight.  Allie asked if they could watch it here, instead of at his house.  We agreed and then it dawned on me, they will need food.
So, a quick search of the web and the term "tailgating" and I was well versed on football food.  I was at work early this morning, so I texted her and asked her if she would like to have a tailgate party for the game.  Our conversation, went something like this:

Me: Do you want to have a tailgate party for the game tonight?
Allie: Have you ever been to a tailgate party?
Me: No, of course not. I don't want to eat food out the back of a truck.  But, we can have football food.
Allie: OK

So, I took her enthusiasm for a resounding "YES!  LET'S HAVE AN INDOOR TAILGATING PARTY".

I found the most popular foods, hit the grocery store on my way home from work and set about cooking for the 4:30 game.  The food was a hit.
The girls and their boyfriends are in watching the Pats and the Jets as we speak....
I still haven't watched a football game, but enjoy their excitement.

 Spinach and Artichoke Dip
 Ciabatta for the Dip
 Buffalo Chicken Legs
 Buffalo Chicken Wings
Little Beef Hot Dogs wrapped in Bacon and dredged in Brown Sugar

2 comments:

piera said...

What a game. I am not a JETS fan, but since the G-Men are out, of course I was rooting for the JETS. Your tailgate looks delious. You should actually try it at a football game. It is so much fun. We do it every time we go down to Giants stadium.

M said...

The Pats did not play well today. This household is in mourning due to the end if the season. Now we get to hear Rex's Ryans big mouth for at least another week. I have a free Sunday next week. Would rather be watching the Pats. Your tailgate looks great. You can tailgate at my house any time and I will try and explain the game to you!