Tuesday, February 01, 2011

What I'm Reading: Crazy About Cookies by Krystina Castella

Crazy About Cookies by Krystina Castella is a fabulous book on baking, shaping, packing cookies.

As someone who has way too many cookbooks, I am really careful about purchasing anymore.  I check out a lot of books at our library and this one just came in.  I was more than pleased, I was delighted.
This book covers many topics concerning cookies.  The opening chapters include a good portion of pages discussion techniques and ingredients.  Each chapter is divided into categories of cookies, like drop cookie, refrigerator cookie, special occasion, etc.
The photographs are breathtaking -- down right drool inducing.  The cookies look luscious and and beautiful.
I was impressed that the book covered topics such as photo transfers, painting on cookies and decorated cookies.

This book is great for beginner bakers as well as advanced bakers.  The book is a full inventory of cookies and cookie techniques.  I was quite impressed with this book!   I think Allie would do well with this one as she loves to bake.

No comments: