Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 15 Gratitude: Life

Sometimes is takes a tragedy to help keep things in perspective.  Yesterday, a local 7 year old girl was killed while riding her bike outside her house in Warner.  I didn't know this child personally, but was saddened just the same.  I can remember how much fun my siblings and I had while riding our bikes.  I can remember my own children riding their bikes at that age and the freedom and accomplishment they felt by doing so.
When someone dies, particularly someone so young, we mourn the loss of that person.  We feel sadness and confusion. We also look back at ourselves and our loved ones at that age.  We recall the milestones that occur at that age.  We remember major things that happened to us after that age.  We consider the "what if's" and "could have beens". In many ways, a death helps us to live.

No comments: