Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 16 Gratitude: Taking the Road Already Traveled


Robert Frost wrote about the beauty of "taking the road less traveled" and how it made all the difference in his life.
Well, there are times when taking the road most traveled makes sense.  My daughter pointed this out to me.
With the start of the tennis season, we were reminded how much time these matches take.  We leave the school as early as 1 pm and don't arrive back until 9 pm. Even with home matches, we arrive home after 7 pm, so dinners pose a problem.
Or at least they did last week, until Ashley pointed out that we could do make ahead meals.  She then suggested using my sister M's signature dish - her crockpot meatballs.  Coincidentally, Ashley loves M's meatballs.
So, today I planned my grocery list accordingly.  After tennis practice I spent the afternoon roasting meatballs and making pulled pork.  Both of which will be cooled and frozen awaiting our dinners this week.
What a great idea and a much nicer dinner than pizza or sandwiches.

Sometimes, it isn't necessary to reinvent the wheel.

No comments: