Sunday, April 03, 2011

Day 3 Gratitude: Laughing with Friends

From the time I was a little child, I didn't have many friends.  I certainly knew a lot of people having been involved in many activities and having 4 siblings who knew a lot of people.  But, I have never been one to socialize in groups.  I am not comfortable chatting with people I don't know well.  I can be pleasant, I can make small talk with almost anyone.  Some people are very pleasant, but their values and sense of purpose are different from mine.  I run in the same circles as other people and yet I wouldn't classify these people as "friends".
To me, friends are people who are looking out for me (and I for them).  And, through the years I have had very few friends.  But, the friends I do have have been a source of support, an inspiration and some good laughs!
I am a person who likes to laugh. And to spend time with someone who enjoys a good laugh, a bout of silliness or poking fun at an absurd situation, is pure fun.  
And to be able to share my heartache and concerns with a friend is a blessing.  And, to be able to share a good laugh with a friend is truly a gift.

No comments: