Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day 30 Gratitude: Freedom

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

I am most grateful for my freedom.  I live in a country where I can travel, work and study as I choose. I have choices in my life.  I live with other people who have freedom as well.  I can choose my religion or not, can choose what to eat, where to go, what to say and what to wear.   I have opinions.  I can set my own goals and with hard work, possibly achieve them.
This is not to say that I live in a fantasy world where I think that if I dream it, it will happen. I realize the difference between freedom and entitlement.  But, I am aware that I have the ability to pursue my dreams and that I am blessed to have these challenges in my life.

No comments: