Monday, April 04, 2011

Day 4 Gratitude: Motivation

Upon self reflection, I think about my frustrations, my failings and things I want to accomplish.  But, what I miss while focusing on what I can't have or don't have, I miss what I actually do have!  How perfectly obvious to onlookers, but a fact that alluded me for years.
I have goals, desires and drives.  And while working to achieve them is tough and not always successful, I have to admit that I have a pretty strong drive!
I call it a "fire in my belly' and inner push that drives me to want to do things, want to learn to do things and want to achieve things.
Recently, I was on temporary bed rest and it dawned on me.  There is so much I want to do!  I am constantly thinking about things, wanting to learn things and try my hand at various things.  And this is very rewarding for me!  I am blessed to have this determination as feel like I always have a purpose and a goal.

No comments: