Sunday, May 08, 2011

College and My Baby

Well, finally after a long process, a lot of hard work, heartbreak and diligence, my baby is going to college.  It's official.  She has been accepted, then she accepted the acceptance and now she is preparing to leave our nest.  And I have mixed feelings.
In my ideal world, she would never grow up and remain a kid in my house forever.
In reality, I am so proud of the woman she has become and I know she has to spread her wings.  I can see her excitement as she talks about this aspect of her life and I adore her.  I will just have to adore her from afar.
(And my husband says I can be "dramatic"...)
Well, after all was said and done, she is going here...
 To this beautiful campus, not too far away.... Look familiar???


And her mother breathes a sigh of relief as she will only be a few hours away!
And now for the low down on Boston University...
Aside from the best news to my ears (that she is still in New England!!!!!!) Boston University or BU is located on the Charles River in Boston, MA.
In 1876 a little know BU professor invented the telephone in a university lab.  He was Alexander Graham Bell.
In 1872 BU was the first university in the country to open all divisions to females.
There are currently 32,000 students at BU and the average class size is 28.


The BU mascot is a a Boston Terrier named Rhett who came on the scene in 1922.  The reason for his name? School colors are SCARLET and white -- and anyone who has read Gone With the Wind, can see the correlation between Rhett and Scarlet (the love interests).




2 comments:

Laurie said...

Yay! Congrats Allie!

piero canuto said...

Congratulations Allie and the family!