Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Homemade Candy Bar Labels....for Tennis Players

While our girls high school team did not advance to the Championships, our boys team did!  I have worked with some of the boy players and am partial to a few  (OK, namely Tim & Skyler, Ashley's good friends).  So, I wanted to send the boys off with something inspiring!
So, knowing that the kids are famished when the school day ends, I bought a bunch of Snickers bars and made inspirational labels for them!

 I took the Snickers bars and measured them. I wanted the label to be easy to remove, so I made it 4" long.  Since, I wanted 6 to fit on a 8 1/2 x 11 "page, I made each label 4.25" x 3 1/2 inches or so.


So, each label said "Good Luck, Team!" with tennis balls for the "oo" in Good... 
And then I put an inspirational saying on each label... And of course, each saying had to be different.
So, I had over a dozen sayings that related to tennis.
"Ace Again? Born to Volley; Shut Up and Serve; Just Call Me Ace; Tennis Rocks; Forty-Love, Any Questions? Game Set Match; Net Shark; Just Serve It; I'm Taking you to Court!" and so on...
Yes, some of them were corny, but that is the best kind!!!
I taped each label to the Snickers and placed them in the bag for distribution.
Ashley handed them to the players on the bus ride over to the match, as she went to cheer the team on!

Update: The boys lost their match.  But, the weather held out long enough for them to play.

No comments: