Friday, May 27, 2011

Makeover Fun - Better After!

BEFORE and AFTER
I found this adorable cabinet at a barn sale and thought it would be a good way to organize some things.  I wanted to change the color and make it a little more fun!

So, I started out by giving it a good cleaning and letting it dry in the sun.

 Then priming it with 2 coats so that the black wouldn't show through.
 I did one coat of turquoise.  Then another.

I wanted to age it a bit, to make it look worn and loved, so I sanded all the edges and then cleaned off the dust.  Then, I wanted to add something to make it even more fun!

I use matte medium to adhere some brightly colored paper to line the drawers.
I like it!

Linked up to:

It's a Blog Party 





Transformation Thursday

4 comments:

" me " said...

what a sweet cabinet !
And i like the combination of the blue and the orange inside !

piero canuto said...

Talent at work!

SOFIA said...

I love the lining!

Mimi said...

Beautiful colors for this sweet cabinet! Love it :)