Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Apple Picking Season

Ash and I headed up to Gould Hill Orchards to go apple picking today after school.  Because it was early in the day, just after 2 pm, we were the only ones picking apples!  Another couple were there, but they were picnicking.
 The day was gorgeous.  The apples were beautiful, prolific and brilliant.  I think the apples are larger this year than in years past.  I remember apples the size of softballs when I was a child. But, I haven't seen them larger than a tennis ball until this year!
Ash and I were thrilled to find some. The trees were bursting with apples.  We picked macs and redcourts.  Cortlands are available in a week or so.

 Some of the trees only had apples high up as the trees had been picked bare up to 6 feet high.  (These weren't climbing trees, unfortunately).  But, luckily, I brought my tall apple picker with me.
 She reached up and snapped the apples off the tree like it was nothing!
And here is the sign about PYO apples....

No comments: