Monday, September 05, 2011

Last Rose of Summer.... Recap

Summer is unofficially over.  The changing of the season from summer to fall brings about a change in me too.
Labor Day has come and gone.  Ashley has returned to high school.  Jon and Allie start college classes tomorrow.  Today, Ashley and I went to Ragged Mountain to get her ski pass and pick up some new ski poles at their Labor Day Sale.
I have a long list of projects to work on and can start thinking about plans for the holidays.
Jon and I have been working on "greening" up the house. Jon has been busy changing light bulbs to the most energy efficient ones he can find.  If all goes as plans, our electric consumption should be reduced dramatically.  We hope to see the results with our next bill.  I got rid of one of our freezers and this should also reduce our electric consumption.  Plus, I have more space in my kitchen.
I have a bunch of recipes to try out - one of my favorite things to do!  I want to make our diet healthier and have been adding more vegetables and fruits.  This is so easy to do in summer with the abundance of fresh local produce, but I will try to continue this in the fall.

No comments: