Wednesday, September 21, 2011

More Paintings

Here are 2 of my most recent paintings.  Again, these use acrylic paint. I am learning more about the properties of acrylic paint and the various "grades" of paints.  (Paints come in various grades student- artist- professional that vary based on water and pigment content). The more I use the paints the more familiar I am becoming with their texture and color boldness.  I am enjoying layering and playing with colors.  I love the bold colors, a burst of unexpected color here and there.
I have long admired artists who use unexpected colors to depict images in a very unusual, but also realistic way.
Anna Maria acrylic on canvas 2011
 I made this painting and Jon thought it looked like a young Dr. Konopka.  Especially, with the round face and hooded cape.
Florida Sea Oats acrylic on board 2011
I worked on "Florida Sea Oats" on and off for 2 months.  I spent a lot of time building up the background layers.  You can't really see from the photo, but the painting has a lot of texture from the layers of paint.  I like this added detail, but it made painting the sea oats tricky --- there were more bumps in the road than expected.  I used the fall foliage colors on the painting, as sea oats are a beige/ light green in person.

3 comments:

SOFIA said...

I love how you depict people!
I must say the sea oasts is quite impressive, I love the rich back ground texture and I adore the movement you gave the stalks. You captured the wind in your art work, fantastic Daniela!!!!

Allie said...

wow, those look really awesome! Very cool with the wind, it really does look breezy!

DannyB said...

Thanks Allie & Veron!